Wednesday, April 22, 2009

27. Keep on truckin'

Well, I asked for my life to pick up, and that's certainly what it's been doing. Sure, I spend a lot of time playing WoW every night still, and with the ne Ulduar 3.1 content, you can't much blame me. (Take my word for it) but at the same time, I'm not just playing WoW to fill the hours anymore. I hop on, do my dailies to relax while listening to music for an hour or so in the afternoon, then I log off until raid time pretty much. I've gotten into a new RP, which while it sounds like more nerdy internet time - it's very invigorating for me. I've been writing again because of it, which is why I'm addicted to RP, plus, you know Harry Potter nerd + other writers/HP nerds = Love. But I like writing enough to want to do it a fair amount, but not enough to do it without motivation or incentive to. So I love having that going again, gets me off WoW and doing something a little more stimulating on the computer.

I've started working out again too. We finally cleaned off the damn treadmill and it's been really nice outside, so I've done some walking and jogging lately. Always feels good. Last Thursday, a few online friends of mine stopped by to visit and go to the Mall of America with me - so fantastic to be doing things and have plans and be out with people. Kate basically shopped for summer clothes for me, which was awesome because now I have stuff I can wear for my new office position that's nice and casual-professional. I'll have to go shopping again in June when I've hopefully lost a bit of weight. Then Friday night my brother and I roadtripped up to Eau Claire to meet my friend Kayla for dinner and gossip, then we stayed at a hotel watching a horrible "scary" movie with Nathan Fillion in it. It was really cool getting away from the house with my brother. We never run out of things to talk about (even if conversation does dissolve into WoW half the time) and I say this every time it happens, but it continues to surprise me every time I realise he's an adult now. Weeeeeird. He had to get up the next morning to go take his UWEC placement exams since they were kind of the reason we were in Eau Clair to begin with and I couldn't help but wonder what next fall's going to be like without him. He'll be at college living his own life and I'll be the one stuck at home and doing things here.

It's kind of a bummer, really. I mean, I'm so happy he got into UWEC and I hope he really thrives there with his music. To hear him talk to Kayla about the program was so fantastic. I could just how into music he's become and that hell, wow, he really does know his stuff.

Continues to motivate me to look into going back to school, at least part time. I need to. I'd love to keep my job at the moment, but what I do outside my job needs to be different next year. I want a life again. I called River Falls and it looks like doing something part time's gonna be difficult as most of the classes I need are during the day, but the good news is, I can see their class schedule for the fall already so I can go and find all the ones I could possibly do and have them ready to list if the admissions office/advisors seem skeptical. And the part time gig would only be for a year, so maybe I can get any gen eds or requirements like Spanish I need done out of the way that might be available later and then I can come on full time fall 2010. Other option might be some classes at century, although most outside of normal hours classes are probably online, and I'd really like something to get me out of the house and motivate me.

Then again, this is all assuming I even HAVE this job next year. I got my pink slip yesterday, so as of now I technically don't have this job next year, and it says I can reapply online as an external candidate again, but my ob in particular also relies on grant money. Sure, grant money they've gotten for 10+ years now, so I don't see why they wouldn't again, but it's frustrating that I cant do anything about it until I *know* either way. So my parents advised me to look into other avenues in general, which I suppose I will.

But now I must go home and veg. for a bit.

No comments: